Saturday, February 16, 2008

So Far So Good

Jade and Mason headed back to Regina on Wednesday. They were originally scheduled to be at the hospital early in the morning, but due to poor weather and road conditions, they decided to wait for Justin to take them after school. The medicine that Mason is receiving now is administered over a two day period. Apparently it hasn't been too bad this time, with Mason suffering only a little bit of nausea, which was easily treated with some Gravol. So far so good...

This chemo is the same as the very first dose. It will cause Mason to be neutropenic, which means that his white blood cell count will drop substantially following treatment. Therefore, Jade and Justin will need to resume giving Mason daily injections at a specified time. The good news is the big break from the hospital that they are in for. They are hoping to come home on Sunday or Monday.

The first steak night was held last night, with tons of family and friends coming out to show their support for the Clewis family. The first of the silent auctions was also held, which was a great success. We had four brave souls shave their heads to raise money. I believe there were pictures taken, so I'll try to get some to post. Thank you to all of our silent auction sponsors, volunteers, head shavers, and the management and staff at the Park Hotel. We are looking forward to doing it all again tonight.

3 comments:

Lisa Ethier said...

Hi Mason,
I met loads of your friends and family at the steak night. I also met your grandpa. He is a nice man. You are very lucky. I had lots of fun working with Mme Cote and Deb Stefanovic at steak night. I found lots of people who love you very much. The people who shaved their heads at the Park were very brave. They are rooting for you buddy. I brought my mom and dad to eat steak too! My mom says that she is thinking about you and will pray for you. I hope you are feeling good and that you are at home now. God bless you!
Mme Ethier

Lisa Ethier said...

HI Mason!
We are getting ready to send you another package. I hope you like jokes. I think you will like the book we are making for you. I think we will email you tomorrow morning. Mme Andree and Mme Lucille will be helping me so we can get them all done in one day. Get some rest and try to stay out of trouble! Ha ha ha ha.
Mme Ethier

Anonymous said...

Hey Mason! I am so glad that you and your Mom have a few days to spend at home and relax! Though I am sure that you will be keeping busy catching up with all of your friends and taking in all of Kale's hockey and basketball! Everyone had so much fun at the steak nights that were held for you, there sure are a lot of people who love you to bits! Enjoy your time at home for the next little while, say hi to Mom, Dad, Kale and Rocco for me! Love you tons, xoxox Ash