Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chemo - Round 4

    Mason went back into the Calgary Childrens Hospital on Tuesday, had blood tests and began hydrating for another round of chemo before the results of the blood tests came back. The blood test results were high enough that he started "round 4" at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.
     Sometimes it begins to feel that these "rounds of chemo" are becoming routine and just another day in the ongoing struggle. I forget sometimes that this isn't a natural state of affairs. I think that I become complacent and because I don't have to be there moment by moment and day by day I sometimes just go on with my own life and don't realize the uncertainty that my beautiful daughter and my wonderful grandson have to live with every day. At other times I connect somehow and am most nearly brought to my knees. God, please, let it be me!                              Justin and Kale travelled to Calgary last nite and are spending their time today with Mason and Jade at the hospital. Mason has done really well once again and all things being well, as we expect, Mason will be discharged once again tomorrow. This will allow the whole family to spend some quality time together, over this long weekend, before Justin and Kale have to return to Moose Jaw.
    The first picture is of Mason and Kale on their DisneyWorld holiday in February this year. The other pictures were taken at Kales inline (rollerblade) tourney in Edmonton, May 14th to 16th. Good fun with the Beattie children.
SUNDAY, MAY 23rd, 5:00p.m. - I didn't get the update notification sent out last night so can now inform that Mason did get out of the hospital today. I spoke with Jade moments ago at uncle Rick and aunt Bevs. Mason is doing well and the family is considering what they will do tonite. Justin and Kale need to leave Calgary fairly early tomorrow. Justin needs to get ready for the annual camping trip with his grade 7 students and the forcast is calling for rain. Mason will have blood tests once again on Tuesday or Wednesday. He is also scheduled for a CT scan on June 7th and a PET scan on June 10th. Jade thinks that they will likely have to stay in Calgary throughout this period while Masons blood levels are rebuilding.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

This is the first I have seen and heard of Masons' condition, saddens me to no end. I wish him well. Nice looking boys Jade and Justin. Wish you all the best, take care.
Nice pictures Pat

dannyboy